We also train the family in doing things excellently rather than haphazard as is the norm. We train them in Timeliness and prayer over the crops. And we offer a seed bank – so at the harvest we will collect 25% of the crop, to keep until time to sow next year.We planted nearly a lemma of land is 50m x 50m – about 1/2 acre. Ideally this should raise about 20 bags of maize (w the cob). A family of seven needs 27 bags per year. Most farms here raise about 3 bags per lemma and run out of maize in a few months. Pray with us that Lillian is able to harvest 20 bags from this field! We gave her enough seed to plant another lemma the conventional way, to be able to compare. Updates:
- We laid off all our workers and are now doing the work ourselves. We did it because of financial restraints, but now see the gracious Hand of God in it. As we work on the projects ourselves it seems God is knitting our team and we find many helping hands from the village as well. No longer as boss, but as friend. And those kids can work too! It’s been fun.
- I am going to start handing out applications for house parents for our Children’s Home – then soon after that we will begin selecting the children! Pray that we will have the Mind of Christ in choosing as He would want.
- Thank God for Luke and Jon – our two wonderful interns. They are such a blessing! I want to build a dam. Some would get scarce when I mention it. But these guys get excited – ready to start – let’s decide how to do it – start getting rocks together – where’s the cement? After that it will be a hanging bridge to the island and perhaps a tree house on the 2nd island. We are closing in on a design for a crocodile fence – mentioned many times before.
- And we started a leadership meeting of all the main people we have been discipling for months now. We gather weekly, training them to start their own D-groups (Discipleship) to reach their neighbors. Pray for Grace like Rain!
- There are calls for more Bible Courses like I taught before – storying thru the Bible. We want to train two Zambian Bible teachers in God’s Story method of teaching and multiply our sowing. One location is the family with 14 orphans – they want a regular Sunday School with their Bible Course! Lord, send the workers into the Harvest!
- January is going to be a tornado! We are gearing up for a team of 12 from the States (Mandate Discipleship School in Oregon), and a team from Into Africa from our All Nations family in South Africa. We will also welcome two more interns from Oregon (Open Door Church!) – one artist who loves Jesus and kids – that’s it!, and one a farmer! Thankfully Sarah Bultman is coming (Crossroads Church – yeah!), and will strengthen our long term team immensely. Weekends we will have 21 staying at our Livingstone house! Check it out on Google Earth – you will see a hot spot on the satellite picture!
- HEY! IS THERE AN ADMINISTRATOR OUT THERE THAT IS LOOKING FOR SOMETHING MORE IN LIFE? SOMEONE GOOD WITH QUICKBOOKS? SOMEONE WHO LOVES OFFICE WORK? SOMEONE WHO LOVES JESUS AND BORED WITH THE 9 TO 5 GRIND? SOMEONE WHO NEEDS PURPOSE? APPLY HERE! firstname.lastname@example.org
MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!