NEEDED: CHILDREN’S HOME ASSISTANT – immediately
Jesse is now doing this job, leaving June 1. Job description:
- Live in the House of Moses 4 or 5 days a week, investing your life in the family.
- Home school one to three kids (1st – 3rd grade level).
- Do exercises with the handicapped child.
- Lead in Bible studies, discipling the house mother and children.
- Help keep records of all activity in home.
NEEDED: GARDEN/FARM DIRECTOR – October
It is time to plant the year’s maize crop in the villages in Oct – early Dec before the rainy season starts. Most families in our villages don’t have adequate farms to take them thru the year – most start going hungry within a few months after harvest. We would like to start an initiative with the village leaders to improve their farms – with our help, but their initiative. We need a director for this project for 6 months, starting sometime around October 2012. Job description:
- Stay on the village base 4-5 days a week.
- Work with the village leaders to initiate and develop a program that will be sustainable by the villagers with our cooperation.
- Train the people in conservation farming (we will train you if you are not aware of it – called Farming God’s Way).
- Help them work their fields and oversee the quality – serving them and advising them more than directing them.
- Set up a seed bank program – keep up to half of their harvest to be returned to them next year at planting time.
NEEDED: ADMINISTIVE HELPER – August
Dena will leave us Aug 25. She has served us so well in this job. This is very urgent we have someone to replace her. Job description:
- Stay in town at team house
- Keep team house organized – menus, schedules, chore lists, etc
- Organize for short term teams – camp gear, schedules, transport.
- Assist bookkeeper – enter data and keep the cash box.
- Make the team house a home.
- Occasionally cook when the team is coming in from a long week in the village.
NEEDED: MECHANIC/HANDIMAN/HOMESTEADER – immediately
We have constant needs for service to our physical infrastructure – be it vehicles, toilets, cob oven construction! Job description:
- Be in charge of keeping vehicles in shape.
- Keep the team house in good repair.
- Design and build improvements on the village base – compost bins, fish pond, cob oven, hot water system for the shower…